Monday, August 10, 2009

First Impressions


Here are pictures of how the apartment I am currently staying in looked immediately upon arrival. Too bad you can't see the gold trim around the toilet and sink in the picture. And the polyester curtains are hilarious. Definitely a little rough around the edges, but my mind is slowly readjusting standards. And the view is amazing! If you look closely at the nighttime skyline, you can see fireworks going off. They go off all night randomly throughout the city and add a great energy. In addition to the view, I get a nice breeze in my bedroom. (However, calls to prayer at dawn kindda kill that effect.) I've tidied up a bit, but I'm not going to be in it long enough to find the motivation for a big scrubdown or remodeling. I only have another week here until I move to a different flat downstairs, but I'm thinking of maybe finding a place in Jebel Amman or Jebel Webdeh, which are neighborhoods that have a slightly more established and ecclectic feel.

No comments :

Post a Comment