Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The Hood



I live up there, on the roof! Check out the art deco circles and lines on the railings. Love it.



This is our little side street, which just got a street sign a few months ago. So it is best identified by the nearby mosque and corner market.




Anne lives down here--below the family who owns our flats. She's got a great sitting area and garden. I will be moving next door to her very soon. My flat will sit sort of behind this staircase, though, so it's pretty dark. Awesome neighbors, interactions with locals (which is often hard to have), and very cheap rent are tempting. We'll see how I like "the cave" and what else I can find before I make any major decisions.

2 comments :

  1. Very cute, Lena! I love reading about your adventures! Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Cute" perhaps may not have been my chosen adjective, but I'm glad to keep you entertained :-) Likewise for missing you!

    ReplyDelete